Collection and Use of Personal Information
Data processing and protection policy.
It is of outmost importance for us to protect the personal data of our clients. The following regulatory document, based on the statutory obligation of the GDPR, determines how personal data is processed by the Institute. It is directed at our existing and former clients, prospects and potential future clients, as well as their respective shareholders, governing bodies and other employees.
- Purpose of data processing
• Establishing, administrating and executing business relationships.
• Strengthening or developing new client relationships, including the information about our offers (marketing).
• Complying with our contractual relationships.
• Bookkeeping, accounting and preparing financial statements.
Acquiring personal data is always on a voluntary basis, however, if we are denied the access to the participant’s information, we shall not be able to perform our activities.
- Lawfulness of processing
Once a contract has been concluded, the processing of the participant’s personal data is required in order to fulfill the contract (Article 6 (1) lit. a GDPR).
- Transmission of personal data
In the event that data transmission is necessary for the purposes stated under article 1, we might forward personal data to the following recipients outside IKI Institute:
• Entities promoting or paying for language courses, such as ÖIF, AMS, WAFF or Employers.
• Teachers and trainers of the courses offered and carried out at IKI Institute.
• Any IT service providers we use.
• Other administrative authorities, if we are legally or contractually obliged to do so.
• Cooperation partners, legal representatives and tax advisors working for us as well as our respective auditors.
• Other recipients determined by participants.
- Storage of data
Personal data is stored until the termination of the contractual relationship from which we have collected the data or until expiration of the applicable statutory limitation and retention periods. In addition, until the termination of any legal disputes in which the data could be required as evidence.
- Data protection rights
Participants may, among other things, (i) verify whether and which personal information are processed about them and obtain copies of such data, (ii) request the correction, addition, or deletion of their personal data, as far as they are incorrect or non-compliant (iii) require to restrict the processing of their personal data, (iv) in certain circumstances, oppose the processing of their personal data or revoke the prior consent for processing, without any revocation prior to the processing of their personal data (V) know the identity of third parties to whom their personal data are transmitted, and (vi) file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority..
- Our contact information
Internationales Kulturinstitut Wien
Registration Number: 680298291
Opernring 7/21, 1010 Vienna
Phone: +43 1 586 73 21